Tenwek Hospital has a separate male and female medical ward with a bed capacity of 17 beds each and 3 semi-private rooms. Our patients are attended to by 2 Internal Medicine Consultants who are assisted by family medicine resident, medical officers, clinicians and nurses with regular specialty consultations from surgery, ophthalmology and gastroenterology.
Our team of internists is trained to not only diagnose a broad range of illness and diseases in adults, but also to provide a level of primary care that goes beyond treating the immediate symptoms. A majority of our patients are admitted with the following:
- Infectious diseases/opportunistic infections like TB
- Complications of diabetes
- Complications of hypertension
- Complications of rheumatic heart disease, malignancies & congenital heart failure
- Oncology related complications
- Renal related complications